Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jonah, the Bible Man.


The other day I went to get my son out of bed. Usually if he has not woken up by 8 am, and I have to wake him up and it is never a good morning! I mean who likes to be woken up? Well I walked in his room dreading the next hour and there he was, sitting in his bed reading his Bible! Normally if he is awake he screams at me to come in and get him, but he was silent and in deep concentration. Now I know he can not really "read" his Bible, but he loves to look at all the pictures, especially the animals! Man, I felt convicted. I always wake up at the last minute and scramble to get ready, not having the time to even think about reading the Bible, much less doing it. Here my 2 year old son was just resting in God and his animal creations. Not wanting to start the day just yet until he was finished. I need to get up earlier. On that note, I probably need to go to bed earlier as well! Shame on mommy!

We had such a pleasant morning! He was in such a good mood! We got in the car to go to school and I put on my usual CD. I made a CD a couple of months ago with all my favorite worship songs and some other songs that uplift and help me just to be in praise of God. God is soo good and I feel like the only thing I really have to lay at his feet is my praise (as well my heart). I love just worshipping him! There is a song that is called Light of Salvation that is on my CD. It is a great song and there are a couple of versus that are just filled with the word Hey over and over. While we were in the car this song came on and all of a sudden from the back seat I heard a little voice saying "Hey! Hey! Hey!" and then just laughing. That little voice just melted my heart. I pray that Jonah will grow up just loving to worship and laying himself before the King! I had such a great morning! I was reminded that we need to have a child like faith, and how beautiful that is. So innocent, and so full of delight. With all the hectic, craziness of life, it is easy to forget just delight in the Lord and all that he has given us, especially the animals!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh, beautiful story! What little reminders they are for us!!!

*Chewning Momma* said...

Ohhh how cute is he?!
we have that same bible and the kids love it!

(ive finally linked to your blog...and yeah your have new posts!!!)