and I think I am the only interferon patient to gain weight! I had my first dr. appointment since the treatment started and it was very discouraging. I learned I had gained 6 lbs. and the dr. was not very nice. When I first met with this dr. 1 1/2 years ago, I did not like him. I still do not like him. I was explaining that I was having problems with nausea and asking if there was anything else we could do about it. He then ask me if I am having cold chills, night sweats, fevers and I say no.... he says well then you should count yourself lucky. I wanted to say it is more then just luck that I do not have the worst side effects, that is because of Jesus, but I kept my mouth shut. He then told me that he discounted me when I told him I struggle with nausea when we first met and that he should have taken me seriously. Well YES, he should have taken me seriously. I know my body better then ANYONE. So I left his office discouraged and feeling like I can not tell my dr medical issues and be taken seriously. But, at the end of my visit, the nurse handed me my calendar with a whole week checked off. Thanks God for that! Treatment went ok. I am still tired and achy but hopefully Ryan and I will be able to watch a movie tonight. I got my week long IV out (also another praise that I was able to keep the IV in for 5 days, instead of 4).
Confession time: I do not feel like I have been able to point to God as much as I wanted to. I have been so focused on if I was going to feel side effects, or just too scared to do anything. That cancer center is a very intimidating place. I pray that as I go into this next week of treatment that everyone will be able to see Christ in me! It is real Hope and real Power that I have in my life... a power so strong that even interferon has not been able to defeat it!! God is so awesome and I can not wait to get to church on Sunday and just praise him!
2 comments:
Yeah, for one week down! I'm sorry you're feeling yucky and that you were discouraged by your "not nice" doctor. I think you've been doing an amazing job pointing to God in all this, and giving him the honor and glory. I'll be praying more specifically for that though, this week. Love you, girl!
Sorry your doctor is being such a jerk. It makes you wonder why he went into that specialty in the first place if he can't muster up a bit of compassion, for goodness sake.
Glad to read your updates because you've been on my mind lately!
Post a Comment